Want to get into trail running but don’t know where to start? Below is a comprehensive list of clubs who would be glad to have you join them. Some groups are free while others offer more structured runs and coaching. With the booming Queensland trail running scene, now is the time to get those shoes dirty!
- Brisbane Trail Runners do night runs & week-end trail runs all over Brisbane. Main runs at Mt Coot-tha. Facebook
- Bunyaville Trail Runners Social run every Wed night from 5.30pm. Speed/hill work Tues 5:30pm. Website – here Facebook –here.
- Bunya Belles – an all ladies run group who enjoy the trails in Bunyaville Conservation Park – facebook page here
- South Pine Striders – is a runner’s & walkers club based in Eatons Hill and the wider Pine Rivers area. They run the trails at Bullockys Rest.
- Wild Runners – offer trail run coaching and training on Brisbane’s trails and on-line. Facebook and website.
- Brookfield Runners – The Brookfield Runners have been running, walking and cycling through the foothills of Mt Coot-tha for more than 30 years. Their facebook page here.
- Trailblazers Run Coaching – Bunyaville website Need some specific run coaching? check TRC out.
- Caboolture Road Runners hold trail runs on week-ends. Website here They run over many Glasshouse Trail Runs courses.
- Brisbane River City Runners run in Toohey Forest every Saturday from 6am. Once a month they have a great post-run breakfast. Call them before you show up, in case they’re away at a special event.
- Sherwood Forest Run happens 7am sharp every Saturday from Jolimont St. You might even meet someone famous at this one.
- Springfield Runners Group – Running around the Karawatha Forest Sprindfield area – facebook
- Mountain Goat Trail Runners – run Mt Coot-tha every Wed night – facebook
- Gold Coast Trail Runners – Free weekly Tuesday morning & regular Sunday trail runs.
- Trail Chix – Gold Coast website
- Toowoomba Trail Runners – facebook page here
Full list of running clubs can be found here.
- Dynamic Running – group training for runners in the Cairns area. We are based in Edge Hill, and we also offer clinics at selected venues around the region. Website
- Cairns Road Runners – Road Running and Racing; Track Running; Trail Running; Fun Runs; Social Events. And training too – website
Ladies only training
Helping at events is also a great way to give something back. More helpers mean more events. If you can help out at any event please complete the form below. TRAQ Volunteer Membership (i.e. no race participation) is free. Most jobs are easy and give you a good way to get to know your fellow runners better too – some volunteer jobs, like course marking or demarking, still afford you the opportunity to run on the day.