Want to get into trail running but don’t know where to start? Below is a comprehensive list of clubs who would be glad to have you join them. Some groups are free while others offer more structured runs and coaching. With the booming Queensland trail running scene, now is the time to get those shoes dirty!
Let us know if we have missed your club, and send us details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brisbane Trail Runners do regular weekly trail runs all over Brisbane. Follow them on Facebook
- Bunyaville Trail Runners Social run every Wed night at Bunyaville from 5.30pm. Follow them on Facebook
- Bunya Belles – an all ladies run group who enjoy the trails in Bunyaville Conservation Park – Facebook
- South Pine Striders – a runner’s & walkers club based in Eatons Hill and the wider Pine Rivers area. They run the trails at Bullockys Rest. Find them on Facebook
- Trailiens – offer trail run coaching and training on Brisbane’s trails. Find them on Facebook.
- Brookfield Runners – The Brookfield Runners have been running, walking and cycling through the foothills of Mt Coot-tha for more than 30 years. Their facebook page here.
- Trailblazers Run Coaching – Bunyaville website Need some specific run coaching? Check TBRC out also on Facebook.
- Caboolture Road Runners hold trail runs on week-ends. Website here They run over many Glasshouse Trail Runs courses. Find them also on Facebook.
- River City Runners run in Toohey Forest every Saturday from 6am. Call them before you show up, in case they’re away at a special event. Find them on Facebook.
- Sherwood Forest Runners – happens 7am sharp every Saturday from Jolimont St. Find them on Facebook.
- Springfield Runners Group – Running around Spring Mountain and White Rock areas – Find them on Facebook.
- Mountain Goat Trail Runners – run Mt Coot-tha every Wed night – Find them on Facebook
- Upper Kedron Trail Runners – regular social runs on the doorstep to Camp Mountain & Mt Nebo – facebook
- Sweeney Runners – based at Petrie parkrun, however run regular trails around the local area near Petrie. Facebook.
- Intraining Trail Tribe – regular coached or hosted sessions around Mt Coot-Tha area. Follow on Facebook.
- Gold Coast Trail Runners – Regular trail runs around the Gold Coast region, follow them on Facebook for details.
- Gold Coast Trail Chix – run Friday mornings at Nerang from 5.15am. Find details on Facebook.
- Northern Gold Coast Run Club (Norths) – regularly run at Nerang, find details on Facebook.
- Run Central Gold Coast – regular runs in the Central Gold Coast area. Find details on Facebook.
- Noosa Ultra & Trail Runners – Regular runs around Noosa NP and SC region. Contact via facebook page here
- Hervey Bay Trail Runners – facebook
- Sunny Coast Trail Chix – regular runs for females around the Sunshine Coast region. Join their Facebook page.
- Toowoomba Trail Runners – Wednesday’s at 5.15pm and pop-up runs. Follow their facebook page here
- Dynamic Running – group training for runners in the Cairns area. Website or Facebook
- Cairns Road Runners – Road Running and Trail Running in the Cairns area – website or Facebook
- Rockhampton Road Runners – Road Running and Trail Running in the Rockhampton area – Facebook
Ladies only training
- Bunya Belles – Brisbane at Bunyaville – facebook here
- Gold Coast Trail Chix – details on Facebook.
- Sunny Coast Trail Chix – details on Facebook
A free 5km timed run every Saturday from 7am. Below are the parkruns in Qld that are predominately run on trails / cross country.
- Bunyaville parkrun – Brisbane northside – website
- White Rock parkrun – Springfield area, West Brisbane – website
- Nambour pakrun – Sunshine Coast – website
- Sirromet parkrun – Redlands, Brisbane – website
- Glasshouse Mountains Conservation parkrun – Sunshine Coast – website
- Scribbly Gums parkrun – Redlands, Brisbane – website
- Maleny parkrun – Sunshine Coast Hinterland – website
- Cormorant Bay parkrun – Lake Wivenhoe – website
- Waterloo Plains parkrun – Wandoan, South Western Qld – website
- Cloncurry parkrun – North Western Qld – website
- Victory Heights Trail parkrun – Gympie – website
- Ocean View parkrun – Sunshine Coast Hinterland – website
- Zillmere parkrun – North Brisbane – website
TRAQ look to engage with the whole Qld Trail Running community including all clubs, groups, coaches races and trail retailers. If you are keen to find out more information please email us at email@example.com as we are keen to engage with as many supporters as possible and it is never to late to join. Members in turn get some amazing benefits.
2024 TRAQ Supporters:
Helping at events is also a great way to give something back. More helpers mean more events. If you can help out at any event please complete the form below. TRAQ Volunteer Membership (i.e. no race participation) is free. Most jobs are easy and give you a good way to get to know your fellow runners better too – some volunteer jobs, like course marking or demarking, still afford you the opportunity to run on the day.